Loaded with muscle-building protein and anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats, this smoked salmon omelette makes a delicious and satisfying post-workout meal.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup zucchini rounds, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely
- minced (basil, parsley and dill)
- 7 ounces smoked salmon, thinly
- l avocado, thinly sliced, optional
- Mixed baby greens, optional
- Lightly mist a small frying pan with avocado oil or olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, apple cider vinegar, turmeric and black pepper.
- Set the pan over medium heat for one minute. Meanwhile, stir the zucchini pieces and herbs into the egg whites. Pour the egg white mixture into the pan and allow it to cook for about six minutes, or until almost set.
- Before folding the omelette, arrange the smoked salmon in a single layer on one side. Use a spatula to lift one edge of the omelette and fold it over the smoked salmon. Let any remaining uncooked egg white run underneath.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, then transfer to a plate. Serve with a mixed green salad and avocado slices, if desired.
Serves: 1 – Serving Size: 1 omelette
Per serving: Calories: 196; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 23mg; Sodium: 360mg; Carbohydrate: 3g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 32g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 229mg; Iron: 5%; Vitamin A: 13%; Vitamin C: 21%; Calcium 1%